- This event has passed.
Level 3 Understanding HACCP Course Ballybay Co Monaghan
May 20, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm€350
What is it?
HACCP provides an effective and practical management tool for identifying food safety hazards and ensuring that adequate controls are in place, as well as being a legal requirement for any food business.
This Level 3 qualification covers the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures, the preliminary processes for HACCP based procedures, development of the procedures, monitoring of critical control points and corrective actions and the evaluation of the procedures.
Participants will gain a firm understanding and tools to develop a HACCP system from scratch or to review and update an existing HACCP system.
This course is delivered over three days and assessment is by a 90 minute examination consisting of 45 multiple-choice questions at the end of the third day.
Who Should Attend?
This Level 3 HACCP course is primarily aimed at supervisors/managers, quality or food safety staff working within the food manufacturing industry, but will also be of benefit to caterers and retailers as well as members of HACCP teams and start up food businesses.
Holders of this qualification will have the appropriate knowledge and understanding to be an integral part of a HACCP team and to supervise the implementation of a HACCP-based system in the work environment.
Why You Should Attend:
Companies & participants will benefit from the course by:
- Understanding the principles of HACCP & food safety management.
- Developing & implementing a HACCP plan for their business, being able to review & update systems as required.
- Developing a team approach to food safety & HACCP issues.
- Taking a pro-active approach to food safety & HACCP as part of their competitive advantage.
- Fulfilling their legal obligations under the latest EU and Irish HACCP legislation.
- Meet the requirements of BRC and other retail supplier/certification schemes.
- Building increased customer confidence and improved quality.
|– The Importance of HACCP
– Role of HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems
– HACCP Approach to Food Safety Management
|– Process Flow Diagrams
– HACCP Teams
– Hazard Analysis: – Risk & Severity
– Hazards & Controls
– Critical Control Points
|– Legal Requirements
– Certification Body Requirements
– Prerequisite programmes
– Defining Scope, Product & Intended Use
|– Critical Limits
– Monitoring Procedures
– Corrective Actions
– Validation & Verification
– HACCP Implementation
– Documents & Records
– HACCP Reviews
A Level 3 HACCP (food safety management) course, externally certified by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH). The course is designed to comply with the requirements of Irish and European hygiene regulations, as well as certification schemes such as BRC.
A 90 minute multiple-choice exam will take place at the end of the final day.
€350 per person – This includes course workbook, exam fees and certificate.
Course fees are exempt from VAT.
The course will be conducted by Brendon Goodrich, a HACCP food safety trainer and consultant who has over 25 years experience of HACCP systems for food manufacturing, retail and food service businesses. He is currently a food safety auditor with in depth knowledge of food certification schemes including EIQA, BRC, Tesco etc. Brendon is licensed and approved by the Environmental Health Association of Ireland, Royal Society of Public Health and the National Hygiene Partnership. He is also certified as a Food Safety Lead auditor with IRCA (certification No.: 01193242).