Who Should Attend
The two hour course is designed for all staff who use knives, blades & scissors as part of their work, including owners, managers, administrators, catering managers, quality assurance staff, chefs, kitchen staff, food service supervisors, catering assistants and all food handlers.
This is literally a “hands on” course and participants will have the opportunity to practice basic knife skills under close supervision.
Why You Should Attend:
Participants will benefit from the course by:
- Understanding how to use knives safely and avoid accidents.
- Learning how to care for knives and keep them in good condition.
- Reducing the risks of an accident from knives.
- Recognising the range of knives and how to select the right knife for the task.
- Gaining new basic skills to use knives efficiently for a variety of basic kitchen tasks.
- Gaining confidence in use of knives in the kitchen environment.
- Health & Safety legislation
- Employer & employee responsibilities
- Common causes of knife accidents
- Common types of kitchen knife and their use.
- Precautions to take when using knives.
- How to use and handle a knife.
- Basic knife skills
- Practical work – demonstration & practice.
€250 for a three hour session, which includes practical demonstration and practice.
Course fees are exempt from VAT.
For further information please contact:
Goodrich Training, Farnham, Cavan, Co. Cavan
Tel: 049 4362904 or 087 2729918